Chief Revenue Officer - CRO
In the pivotal role as Classcraft’s first CRO, you will have a direct impact on our future, covering demand generation (outbound and marketing), new school and district sales, sales renewals, channel partner strategy, teacher sales, account management and customer success. You will be the owner of the entire go to market strategy, providing leadership and management to assure the success of its installation and execution. You will measure and analyze productivity and effectiveness, create market positioning and competitive advantages, and determine budget trade-offs with the goal of continually improving and developing sustainable results. You will drive the achievement of revenue and provide a world-class business development growth engine. As an exceptional leader, you will leverage communication and teamwork, sharing best practices so that successes and ‘lessons learned’ are leveraged. In lockstep with your peers on our Leadership Team, you will craft and communicate our vision and then transform that vision into a long-term strategy for pioneering new markets and opportunities for Classcraft.
- Develop, lead and execute on a go to market strategy, connecting the business strategy to the company’s targeted customers.
- Assure go to market strategy implementation by designing and creating a cross-functional revenue generation process that operationalizes revenue producing streams, leverages our unique strengths and increases speed to revenue.
- Develop, evolve and lead all pricing strategies.
- Monitor the pipelines of each revenue stream to determine in advance the level of risk to obtaining desired goals and identify adjustments to implement to accelerate revenue.
- Work with marketing teams to develop initiatives that support the revenue generation process.
- Work with our Leadership Team to continually improve alignment of each functional group to support the GTM teams including sales process, sales process tools, business development organizational structure, legal, finance, compensation, hiring and selection criteria, and rewards and recognition.
- Participate actively in strategic and business unit planning to develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections.
- Actively participate in contract negotiations.
- Develop and lead our Channel / Partner strategy, expanding sales channel, 3rd party resellers and data partner pipeline.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics.
- Prospect and close relationships with key target clients.
- Provide hands-on leadership to GTM teams, providing clear, cohesive direction on strategies related to ACV creation, retention, projecting expansion and value-added expansion and ensuring that no dollars are left on the table, ever.
- Fill management gaps by building and training individuals and teams in Sales, Success, Customer Support and Account Management.
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals.
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation and learning.
- Leverage customer data, analysis and research to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning.
- Partner with our production teams to provide critical roadmap inputs and high-level product direction.
- A minimum of 10 years in progressing GTM leadership roles, with SAAS organizations.
- A minimum of 5 years in a direct sales role.
- Experience leading a Customer Success team.
- Deep familiarity with the Edtech space.
- Demonstrated ability to create a go to market strategy (with associated tools, training and marketing) with the passion and willingness to manage the model. This is a hands-on role.
- Demonstrated success in delivering rapid revenue growth and scaling in a small-scale, start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take a lead role and evolve as the company grows.
- Experience with new-market creation and category dominance.
- Knowledge of cross-channel marketing, native advertising, programmatic and the latest trends in digital advertising.
- Demonstrated success at interpreting and communicating company vision and revenue strategy across all relevant functions, aligning goals to vision and ensuring they are defined and achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with superintendent level executives of key target clients and C-Level executives of channel partners.
- Existing school district and education channel partners network.
- Expertise with growing, training and managing a global revenue team, including developing sales strategies and matrixes for analyzing sales performance.
- Strong financial analytical and modeling skills.
- High degree of comfort acting as an evangelist through participation in key industry events.
- Collaborator – ability to work with other leaders to solve challenges and develop strategy.
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change.
- Passion for our vision.
- Highly engaged personality
- A critical thinker - strategic and highly analytical.
- An exceptional leader who easily moves others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and managing work being done.
- Goal Oriented - naturally motivated to reach goals.
- Ability to create a team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives.
- Ability to operate independently of a large staff.
- Professional with unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Expertise and passion as a company builder with the ability to broker any number of diverse go-to-market strategies through to scale.
- Four weeks of vacation per year;
- Full health insurance;
- Professional development budget;
- The possibility to earn shares in the company.