Want to help build a truly innovative approach to education in a unique startup environment? Classcraft is rethinking what going to school means for millions of students around the world. By applying principles typically used in video games to the classroom experience, Classcraft is having a positive impact on many key issues facing today’s disengaged students.
Featured in over 100 media outlets, including BBC, Engadget, Fast Company, and VentureBeat, Classcraft now has over 5 million users in 75 countries and offices in New York City, Montreal, and Sherbrooke, QC.
We’re a great team looking for someone with three-plus years of experience writing for video games or movies to join us full-time at our Montreal office. Qualified candidates should have extensive creative writing training and professional experience working in the fantasy genre with MMORPGs, tabletop games like Dungeons & Dragons, or choose-your-own-adventures. Experience creating story collaboratively with a team is a major plus.
We’re all very self-driven, positive people and, as a result, we’re seeking someone who’s equally down to give themselves to their work and excited to tackle challenges head-on.
- Work alongside Classcraft’s Story team to create lore for Classcraft’s unique world
- Outline and write story arcs for Quests, Classcraft’s personalized learning adventures
- Collaborate with Classcraft’s PD team to infuse pedagogy into stories
- Help Classcraft’s illustrators to convey accurate story details through compelling visuals
- Research education trends/technologies to strengthen story foundations and themes
- Tie story closely to Classcraft’s game mechanics, educational principles, and values
- Consolidate, streamline, and maintain all story notes and files
- Advance relationships with key education publishers through collaboration on quests
- Has a pertinent degree and 3+ years of professional work experience
- Has written professionally for video games (ideally AAA), tabletop games, or movies
- Demonstrates an excellent command of spoken and written English
- Has strong knowledge of story principles and creative writing techniques
- Enjoys working in a team, both in an office and with remote personnel
- Is autonomous, responds well to feedback, and takes initiative
- Adapts well to change and enjoys a challenging, fast-paced work environment
- Is comfortable working with technology and learning new tools
- Has working knowledge of computer software such as Google Apps, Microsoft Office and/or Pages, and Keynote.
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- Employee stock option plan
- Health coverage